Are you looking for a sugar daddy?
The reasons why some people look to become sugar babies vary. In the UK, there is an increasing demand for women and men opting for the “sugar baby” lifestyle to fund their spending habits, and in some instances, their education fees.
According to the world’s largest sugar dating site SeekingArrangement, the UK has the second-largest population of members on the platform with over two million sugar babies (predominantly female).
- What is a sugar daddy?
- How to get a sugar daddy
- Is sugar dating legal?
- 6 types of sugar relationships
- How should a sugar daddy pay you?
- Is a sugar baby relationship safe?
- Should I get a sugar daddy?
Whether you’re an escort looking to acquire a sugar daddy for additional income or simply just someone interested in sugar dating life, read on to discover what is a sugar daddy and how to be a sugar baby today.
What is a sugar daddy?
A sugar daddy is a wealthy, and usually older, man who comes with financial benefits.
That involves spending lavishly on someone (also known as “sugar babies”) in return for their company, which can include sexual intimacy.
A sugar daddy, in many cases, is a well-to-do businessman who’s unable to invest time in conventional dating or developing a relationship with someone. Many men become sugar daddies due to the convenience of reaping the benefits of a relationship without the commitment.
For a potential sugar baby, a sugar relationship benefactor can help fund things like tuition fees, bills, rent or mortgage payments. It could also include the frequent bestowment of gifts for a luxury lifestyle.
How to get a sugar daddy
Finding a sugar daddy is appealing for many, as it’s a gateway to affluent fun, worldly experience, and an easier financial life.
Due to its emerging popularity, finding a sugar daddy is relatively straightforward, especially with the various sugar dating apps and websites available.
The most important thing about trying to find a sugar daddy is knowing the right places to look.
Here are some ways that can help you find the best sugar daddy:
Know what you’re looking for in a sugar daddy
Before you start searching for a sugar daddy, you need to know what type of person and benefits you’re looking for.
With the millions of sugar daddies out there, this will help narrow down your search and find the perfect one that suits your needs.
Think about what qualities you would like him to have. Do you want him to be charming? Funny? Laid-back? Will your relationship involve intimacy? Have you worked out how much you will charge your potential sugar daddy?
Additionally, what would you like your sugar daddy to pay for? Whether it’s your gym membership, bills, tuition fees, or shopping trips, create a list of the things you desire. A sugar relationship only works if both parties explicitly bring their demands and expectations to the table.
Look on sugar daddy websites
Sugar daddy websites are one of the best and easiest places to find a sugar daddy. After all, members on these platforms are there for the same reason as you – to find a relationship of convenience. Here are the best websites you can try to find an online sugar daddy:
- SeekingArrangement – The world’s largest sugar dating website. It’s free to join and offers a premium membership, which is free for students with a university email address
- SugarDaddyMeet – This is strictly for female sugar baby and male sugar daddy arrangements. Also, memberships are restricted to users from the 20 richest countries in the world
- MissTravel – If you love to travel, then this site is for you. A bit different from your typical sugar daddy website, Miss Travel specifically connects travel lovers for a travel dating experience
- SugarDaddy.com – Still thinking about the whole sugar daddy thing and too sure? You can get a three-day trial before paying for a membership to decide whether you’re keen on this platform.
- SugarDaddie.com – A sugar daddy dating site that’s free to join and has over five million users worldwide
- What’sYourPrice – On this site, members can place cash bids on sugar babies to win a date with them, and it’s the best for sugar speed dating. The best part is, if lots of sugar daddies find you attractive, you could be in for a financial treat
- Secret Benefits – Want a lifestyle upgrade? Or maybe mentorship or networking tickles your fancy. The choice is yours, and the site is free to join. If you’re looking for a little privacy too, you can keep your real name a mystery.
- RichMeetsBeautiful – If you’re up for a long-term sugar relationship with mutual benefits, that involves achieving your life goals, then look no further
Although the above sites are an easier way to find a sugar daddy, you can also discover them on regular online dating sites too, such as OkCupid.com or eHarmony.com.
On some dating sites, you can see how wealthy someone is by using the filter options to check out their wage bracket.
Also, if he likes expensive hobbies and is specifically seeking someone he can spoil rotten and show a good time, then this could be a potential sugar daddy or relationship where you could potentially gain sugar baby benefits.
Even sites that offer personal ads like our very own Vivastreet draw the attention of sugar daddies.
Visit places where rich men hang out
If you’re not a huge fan of the online dating scene, why not seek him out in person, in wealthy parts of your city or in other rich towns.
Do your research and find places that are frequently visited by rich men. Some common places associated with rich folks are museums, opera houses, art galleries, fine-dining establishments, exclusive gyms, high-end grocery stores, sporting events and auction houses to name a few.
Be sure to dress up nicely (but not too provocative) and present yourself appropriately to catch the eye of an older rich man.
Ask your friends
Do you have any friends or know anybody that has a sugar daddy? If not, maybe they know someone that has a sugar daddy.
Don’t be ashamed to ask, as if you don’t inquire you’ll never know. If you’re lucky, they might even be able to hook you up or show you the ropes of a sugar dating life.
They may even know a rich man who’s looking for someone to take care of. People usually feel comfortable about meeting new people through mutual friends, so it’s an easy way to get your foot in the door.
Is sugar dating legal?
The short answer is yes. In the U.K., there are no official laws relating specifically to sugar dating.
It’s also the reason why there are many legal apps and dating sites available for those seeking a sugar daddy.
Although sexual favours can be involved in a sugar relationship, it’s not an explicit requirement. It is worth noting that a sugar daddy is not the same as pimping, which is illegal in the UK.
It’s also not a criminal offence for individuals to have a particular mutual agreement involving sexual exchange, and people have the right and freedom to decide what they want from a relationship.
Sugar dating can simply just involve emotional support, companionship, and taking part in social events.
However, there may be some cases where resources are not being used appropriately, which can make it unlawful, such as sugar daddy scammers.
6 types of sugar relationships
Although the sugar dating rules are clear and straightforward, there is some variation of sugar relationship types:
- Sugar escorting: There are no feelings involved and the relationship is purely an exchange of gifts (of the most varied types) for sex, and sugar daddies and sugar babies meet very often. Please note, this is not the same as sex work. Read our article on the difference between sugar dating and sex work.
- Meeting rewarded: Normally it involves some payment in form of some material good such as a coffee or a dinner, or attending a specific event together. It usually does not involve sex.
- Sugar dating: It is the most common form and combines life and sex. In this case, the sugar baby receives a fixed allowance or varying amounts according to their needs and desires.
- Sugar friendship: This a relationship where the sugar baby actually considers a friend who also becomes a benefactor or sugar daddy, that helps her to maintain herself. Men were often part of these women’s lives before the relationship was established.
- Pragmatic love: This is where sugar daddies and sugar babies hope to build a long relationship for the rest of their lives, but instead of having romantic involvement, they prefer a more pragmatic agreement.
- Online sugar baby/daddy: This is when the sugar relationship takes place online only without ever meeting up. It’s an easy way for sugar babies to make money online and convenient for those with busy schedules but still want some benefits of a relationship.
How should a sugar daddy pay you?
One of the best parts about having a sugar daddy is being rewarded with your allowance.
According to Seeking Arrangement stats, the average sugar baby makes $2,800 monthly. However, this may differ depending on the agreement.
Here are some ways you can arrange for your income to be transferred to you:
- Cash – Only consider this option if you’re not prone to losing things, you have somewhere safe to store it, and you have good money management skills. It can be very easy to spend cash and not recall what it’s been spent on. Also, while the advantage of cash is that it’s untraceable if it gets lost or stolen it’s gone for good
- Bank deposit – Once you’ve established trust with your sugar daddy (if you don’t, he should not be your sugar daddy) then you can provide him with your bank details and arrange to be paid weekly, biweekly or monthly. This way, it’s secure and simple, although you could potentially get some tax trouble
- PayPal – With this payment method, you don’t have to provide any personal details but your email address, which is perfect if you want a little privacy. However, there will be an electronic record of every payment your sugar daddy makes to your account. If it’s not a problem for you, it might be one for PayPal with their new regulations
- Prepaid card – It’s almost as untraceable as cash and you can withdraw money from the card. Make sure you keep a copy of your card number and the toll-free number at the back of the hard. If you lose your card, you can be re-issued a new one and regain all of your money
- Bill payment or other outgoings – Instead of receiving a lump-sum payment, you can even have your sugar daddy pay directly for your bills or whatever it is you want the costs to cover. That way, you don’t have to worry about these outgoings. However, this may require you to reveal more personal information than you want to and also limits the control of your allowance
- Bitcoin – Here, you can receive anonymous payments, but you will need to be tech-savvy and know how to use Bitcoin properly. Also, if you understand the nature of Bitcoin, you’ll understand that there is always the risk of losing out on money if they deduce in value. If you’re happy to use your sugar daddy money for backup savings or investment account, then go for it
Is a sugar baby relationship safe?
Firstly, avoid revealing too much about your life before thoroughly getting to know the other person. There are many fake sugar daddies out there, and this may avoid any potential risk of being scammed.
It can be quite tricky to differentiate between a real sugar daddy and a fake one, but generally, legit sugar daddies are keener to meet in person, provide money and pay for all the activities, and let you receive your reward in whichever way you wish to receive it.
Make sure that the first few dates are not in an isolated environment and always keep your phone close to you for any emergencies.
Many people from the sugar dating community prefer not to reveal too much information about their private lives, including real names and addresses, as a way to keep the relationship separate from their personal lives.
Should I get a sugar daddy?
If you desire to give someone attention, care and an emotional or physical relationship while receiving some sort of financial compensation as a reward, then you should think about getting a sugar daddy in your life.
You do not need to pressure yourself to accept any sugar daddy that comes along. Take your time and get to know many potential candidates before deciding who will be the chosen one.
Remember, you can keep your options open too, as there is no rule as to how many sugar daddies you can date at once.
Now that you know how to find a sugar daddy, you can begin your search today.
As well as looking at dating and sugar baby sites, you can also post a free ad on Vivastreet to meet like-minded people who are interested in exploring this type of sugar dating relationship.
Likewise, if you’re looking to become a sugar daddy, why not connect with sugar baby prospects on Vivastreet’s personals site.