Offering your partner a sensual massage is perhaps one of the most intimate of gestures in any relationship. However, this is one activity where many people remain unaware of the benefits it offers or believe they can’t possibly do it as well as the professionals.
Fortunately, with a little help, knowledge, and advice beforehand, you could soon be giving your partner their very own sensual massage in next to no time, bringing you closer together than ever before.
How a Sensual Massage Can Enhance Your Relationship
As well as being on the receiving end of a stress relieving massage, there are many other ways in which a sensual massage works to improve your relationship, such as:
Spicing up Your Love Life:
A sensual massage can work wonders on awakening those sexual feelings, and there’s no denying that if you get it right – the results can be almost orgasmic.
When used as foreplay, you can even extend the time of your lovemaking, as you’re in a more heightened but relaxed state of mind to start.
This allows you to unblock and release all the stresses and strains of the day, something which often distracts many couples during sex.
Putting the Intimacy Back into Your Relationship:
Besides encouraging a more sexual intimacy, regularly offering your partner sensual massages can immediately reignite contact with one another, using the most stimulating of sense – touch.
For those busier of couples, and indeed those who’ve been in a relationship for many years, the simple act of touch is often neglected.
A sensual massage encourages you to re-address this and heighten those strong emotional responses relating to the physical action of contact.
Encouraging You to Reconnect with One Another:
To perform a sensual massage on your partner, you must stop what you’re doing and focus on them, and them only. This means actively working towards providing an experience that is based on their wants and needs.
Ultimately, as you do this, you begin to reconnect with them, learning what makes them happy and indeed what turns them on. It’s also quality time spent with just the two of you throughout.
Furthermore, it’s a great way to become closer, even if you or your partner aren’t looking for a sexual experience every time.
Simple Tips on How to Give an Erotic Massage
Now that you can see the apparent benefits of sensual massage, here are a few simple but thoroughly effect tips which will ensure you make the best of your massaging experience, delivering those near perfect results.
1. Set the Scene:
The most important aspect of offering a massage is performing it in the most relaxing and sensual of places. Get this part just right, and you immediately create a more relaxing and comfortable environment with which to begin:
- Arrange an area of the room for your partner to lie down in
- Cover this with crisp, clean sheets
- Ensure the temperature of the room is just right, not too hot or too cold, rather comfortable to lie there with little to no clothes on throughout
- Put on some music which relaxes your partner, whether it be calming or seductive, and play it low
- Keep the lighting low or dimmed, just enough to see what you’re doing while setting the mood
- Light a few candles to encourage the relaxing and sensual ambience of the room further
- Have a selection of plentiful massage oils, lotions, or creams to hand
- Keep a supply of towels next to you as you work through
2. Only Begin When Your Partner Is Ready:
The most heightened sensual massage is only possible when your partner is comfortable, relaxed, and open to receiving the experience.
- Discuss any ground rules with your partner before you start
- Ensure they’re comfortable with the oils, creams, or lotions being used
- Allow them to get settled into a position which they’ll be able to lie still in for some time
- Make sure they tell you whenever they find certain areas uncomfortable
- Likewise, encourage them to mention those areas of the body that they really do feel the most sensual of places.
3. Start from the Top of Your Partners Body and Work Your Way Down:
Using the whole of your hands, rather than just the fingertips, begin slowly. By starting slowly, you ensure a pleasant massaging experience and create a more enjoyable session for both you and your partner.
You also give yourself time to concentrate on those areas that are guaranteed to get a positive reaction overall.
The most popular of massage areas on the body tend to be:
- Lower Back
- Back of the knees
- Soles of the feet
A Sensual Massage Is a Powerful Couples Activity
Once you’ve mastered the most poignant and powerful of sensual massages on your partner, why not ask them to return the favour and perform the same on you?
There’s no reason why you can’t both take great pleasure in this fantastic experience, thus both increasing the sexual desire in your relationship.
This way, you both get to learn more about what turns the other on while enhancing your relationship overall and connecting with one another as a couple throughout.
Once you’ve both got the methods right, it doesn’t have to stop there.
Look towards experimenting further, mixing up your surroundings, adding different essential oils, or even improving your current techniques.
Turn off your phones, clear an hour or two in your schedules, and devote at least one day a week to offering your partner a sensual massage.
Whether as foreplay or a simple relaxing gesture, a sensual massage could breathe new life into a longstanding relationship, thoroughly improving your sex life as a result.