Are you in search of a platform like OnlyFans to sell private online adult content?
However, with OnlyFans pivoting porn, many sex workers will be affected, potentially losing out on their business.
- What is OnlyFans?
- Who uses OnlyFans?
- What is OnlyFans used for?
- How does OnlyFans work?
- How much money can you make on OnlyFans?
- Best OnlyFans alternative in 2021
- Vivastreet Private Gallery
- Earn money on Vivastreet Private Gallery today
Luckily there are similar adult platforms in the UK, which allow you to sell private content online, including the OnlyFans UK equivalent, Vivastreet.
So if you’re looking for a similar service to make extra money from selling private content online, continue to read this article, and find out why Vivastreet is a great OnlyFans alternative.
What is OnlyFans?
Founded by CEO Tim Stokely in 2016, OnlyFans is a subscription-based social media platform based in London, where users or content creators can sell content to their followers or ‘fans’ online.
The Guardian reported that OnlyFans went from 7.5 million registered users in November 2019 to a whopping 85 million just last December, and currently has one million creators worldwide, according to a spokeswoman for OnlyFans.
Along with the current climate, celebrity recognition and prominent media coverage saw this under-the-radar platform accelerate to unexpected heights.
OnlyFans is a legal and relatively safe platform. It allows you to secure your account, protect your content, block and restrict users, and you are able to choose what you want people to see on your profile. There is also an official OnlyFans app for Android users.
However, just like other adult sites, there are always potential risks that you must be aware of. Therefore, it is essential that you take the necessary precautions to stay safe while working online.
Who uses OnlyFans?
Although OnlyFans can be used by anyone and is used by all sorts of creators, such as writers, artists, chefs, and fitness trainers to name a few, it has grown extremely popular in the adult entertainment industry.
In 2019, The New York Times claimed OnlyFans had changed sex work forever, labelling OnlyFans “the paywall of porn”. Now, the platform is mostly known for sex workers.
There are also celebrities and influencers who use their large followings on OnlyFans to earn money through exclusive content.
What is OnlyFans used for?
OnlyFans is used to create and distribute content, build a following, and earn money online.
Sex workers predominantly use OnlyFans to offer explicit and exclusive adult content, such as videos, photos, and private chats to earn money online.
Followers, otherwise known as fans, use this platform to view content from people they follow or content they are interested in, and access pornographic/sexual material, which would likely otherwise be censored on social media platforms, like Instagram.
How does OnlyFans work?
Content creators can register and set up an OnlyFans account free of charge.
An OnlyFans account is set up by creators on the platform to post and share their content on their account or profile, which is protected by a paywall.
They have to provide a valid email address, a username, and a password, or a valid Twitter account.
Once this has been achieved, they can upload content of their choice (e.g., videos, photos, audio, live streams) to the platform.
They can either make their page free or paid. If it’s the latter, fans will have to pay to access their exclusive content, through a monthly fee or one-off tip.
Creators can set their own monthly subscription pricing, between a minimum and maximum charge set by the platform, and can also receive tips from followers, which also has a minimum and maximum tip price.
When content creators start to earn money from the platform, OnlyFans payout 80% of the earnings every 21 days, keeping 20% of the earnings as a fee and to cover the costs associated with running the site.
Due to the explicit content found on OnlyFans, users have to be 18 and over to use the platform and will need an official government-issued ID to sign up successfully.
How much money can you make on OnlyFans?
It all depends on how many subscribers pay for monthly subscriptions. Of course, the more fans you have the higher the earnings.
But you don’t have to be a celebrity like Cardi B or Bella Thorne to generate substantial amounts of revenue.
While you can earn under £100 a month, many sex workers who work as OnlyFans content creators have reported generating thousands of pounds a month, with some earning over £100,000 annually.
Best OnlyFans alternative in 2021
As previously mentioned, although OnlyFans is one of the biggest sites right now for online adult content, recent reports suggest it has become a turbulent platform for sex workers.
Here are some other platforms for sex workers to sell private content, earn money and grow a fan base.
- ManyVids – A Canadian adult entertainment video, cam and e-commerce platform. Users can sell videos and photo sets and even sell items such as fetish garments.
- AVN Stars – A social media and fan club platform for the adult entertainment industry. Cam models and porn stars can make money from live streaming, stories and fan subscriptions
- IsMyGirl – A social network and community for models, glam girls, and influencers. They can make money from subscriptions, sharing photos and videos, live shows, webcam sessions, and offer private direct messaging
- JustForFans – A sex worker-run adult site for those specifically working in the adult industry. Sex workers can make money from monthly subscriptions, sharing photos, videos, and clips, sexting, selling items, and putting on cam shows
If you are looking for a lucrative site like OnlyFans to sell your content in 2021, another great alternative is our very own Vivastreet Private Gallery.
Vivastreet Private Gallery
In 2020, Vivastreet launched a new Private Gallery feature where sex workers can sell unlimited exclusive photos and videos online.
With the millions of clients who visit Vivastreet every month, our Private Gallery service is another legal, safe, and well-known platform for sex workers to earn money.
Like OnlyFans, sex workers can share any content they like, from softcore to X-rated, as long as it’s legal content.
Here’s why Vivastreet is the best OnlyFans alternative for private content:
- We offer preview images of your private content to encourage users to purchase
- Your private content is sold individually, enabling you to put a unique price on each piece of content and potentially make more money
- Unlike OnlyFans, you are not pressured to constantly upload content due to subscribers. You can continue generating business from past content while focusing on other areas of work such as webcam or phone sex
- Vivastreet is a discovery platform, meaning that your private content can attract a large audience without needing a large social media presence beforehand to be successful
- You will attract users that are specifically looking for your type of content
If you’re interested in finding out more, here are the main benefits of Vivastreet Private Gallery.
For those that want to livestream or provide webcam entertainment, Vivastreet also provides a webcam service.
Earn money on Vivastreet Private Gallery today
Like OnlyFans, you can sell private photos and videos on alternative adult platforms to earn money with Vivastreet Private Gallery.
Due to the competitive nature of the business, the more platforms you sell content on, the better chance you have of earning more revenue and expanding your escort brand and business.
Do you have photos and videos you want to sell? Are you looking for an additional online platform to easily generate additional revenue?
If you have answered yes to any of the above, start setting up your private galleries on Vivastreet now.